Posts of Randomness #2
When I drive to work in the mornings, it is a time for me to think about things; it helps me to de-stress. It’s my calming method so to speak. Except when there are people driving crap, but in comparison to other times of the day, I am relatively chilled out in that regard.
The other day, while driving, I noticed a piece of paper stuck on a power box on the side of the road. It read: “DAYCARE” and had a mobile phone number underneath it. Not printed either, but drawn with highlighters in bubble writing. I am not a parent but even to me this screams, “Stay the fuck away!” When they see a sign like this, what kind of parent would say to themselves, “Ooh, that seems like a good daycare for my flesh and blood, I can completely trust them with my child.”
You could argue that it will probably be cheaper than most daycares that have actual adverts on lampposts or wherever else, but of all the ways you could save money, is your child’s well being one of those ways? Once again, I am not a parent, but really?
Besides, clearly they use the kids they take care of to do their dirty work. Think about it…
- OwnADaycare.com – Complete Information on Everything about Daycare Centers (your-story.org)
- How I Got All Precious About Daycare [Mother Load] (jezebel.com)
- Is Your Child Getting The Best Care Inside A Daycare? (prweb.com)
- Mon dieu! Parents challenge no-religion rule for daycares (theglobeandmail.com)
- Daycare owner’s husband charged with child porn (cbc.ca)