Below is the short film which covers it briefly, but if you would like to hear more, watch the longer video underneath in which he goes into detail on money, the gift economy and some other topics
For something similar, but just as interesting, watch “THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?”, a 2 hour documentary on making a change.
Official Website: http://www.thrivemovement.com/
- Do loyalty points kill the relationship? (customerthink.com)
- Sacred Economics with Charles Eisenstein – A Short Film (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Sacred Economics with Charles Eisenstein – A Short Film (oldchinaman.wordpress.com)
- You rub my back, I’ll rub yours (foodwebtalks.wordpress.com)
- Waxing “Sacred Economics” with Charles Eisenstein (realitysandwich.com)
Over this past week or so, I’ve achieved some major milestones with my blog. Milestones I never thought that I’d achieve when I started this blog 2 years back. I am no internet marketing guru, I really don’t know how to do any proper blog promoting to get major traffic. I try little things here and there, like visiting and commenting on other blogs, submitting my posts to Stumble Upon for random traffic, submitting my blog to different blog aggregators such as myScoop and Amatomu and recently have even created my very own Facebook page
Firstly, out of nowhere I have over 11000 views in the past week, with 4184 this past Sunday, for a total of 33000 all time views. I just happened to blog about a rather popular person, that at the time was buzzing on the web, Barrack Obama. That and a bit of luck.
Before this though, I had managed to keep my blog going at 50-100 visits a day and a growing number of subscribers, which is more than enough to make it worthwhile!
Next milestone, my blog has also managed to make it to the top 25 of SA Topsites, which is a ranking tool for South African sites to compare traffic. Other sites in the top 25 include Cars.co.za and The Moviesite. (Slowly dropped to 28 today)
Lastly, This is officially my 100th post (excluding 1 automated post from WordPress)
Anyway, I’m happy, so I just had to share that… For all the milestones I’ve achieved and for much more than those, I would like to extend a very big thank you to everyone who has ever, still does and might never again read my blog. An even bigger thanks to all my friends (and writer friends) who, if for no other reason than a bit of guilt, or out of duty, push me along and give me a reason to blog. An a special thanks to my awesome fiance, who puts up with all my blogging and talk about blogging. You all rock!
- Congratulations President Barrack Obama for a deserved win (fashionati.wordpress.com)
- A Blogging Milestone! (tammyjrizzo.wordpress.com)
- Major Milestone Announcement – 1,000 views! (must-press-on.com)
- Milestone 2025 (budgetnomad.blogspot.com)
- Respect My President; He’s Black And I’m Proud. (angrymanspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Dreams of My Real Father, Barrack Obama (afteramerica.wordpress.com)
I heard the sound clip of this today on 5fm and just hosed myself. Before I carry on though:
Please Note: This video is not real… it is a spoof.
You’d think that’s logical right, seems more than enough people that commented didn’t actually realise this.
Anyway, I just think it’s damn funny. Although, being born in 1981, it hit a bit too close to home…
Reading through the comments though, there was one that I thought was brilliant, from Kahandran: From 2:25-3:10, he does not blink once!
- Why Doesn’t MTV Play Music Videos? (mashable.com)
- Why Doesn’t MTV Play Music Videos? (clixto7.com)
- Psy’s Gangnam Style is best video at MTV EMA (todayonline.com)
- In pictures: The MTV Awards red carpet (thetimes.co.uk)
- Psy & Hangeng win accolades at the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards (allkpop.com)
- Know Your Apps: MTV Music Meter (samsung.com)
So day 7 of Movember has passed and so far I’ve just let my beard grow out. The goal being that I have a good foundation to work around…
Nine days in and I am struggling to think of a winning idea. It is Movember after all, you could just grow any standard mo and be happy that you’ve done your part. For my first Movember last year though, I went all out and set a pretty high standard for myself. I have even been asked what my plan is for this year.
You see as I mentioned in my previous Movember post, I’m taking part in a competition/fund raiser at Chingadas in PE on the corner of 6th Ave and Main Road, Walmer. (https://www.facebook.com/TacheForCash )
I get that it’s a beard, but it can easily be turned into some sort of magical mo. Also it’s a beard that took 2 hours to groom everyday, but since mine will only be trimmed into shape for the competition once it’s grown enough and only be fine tuned a few days before, so I can get it right, I don’t see that it’ll be problem.
Video Interview: MTV Rough Cut Interview – Wes Bentley
Anyway, here’s my progress so far
- A moustache-grower’s style guide to Movember (confused.com)
- No Shave November Begins (ucsc.uloop.com)
- Movember Is Here… (myconflictedself.wordpress.com)
- Movember Mustache Rules – The Gentleman’s Guide to Movember Infographics Dictates What Not to Do (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
Then I saw this video of interviews conducted with voters at a Romney rally in Defiance, Ohio.
In the video description is a scary bit of info:
Election observers believe that Ohio is the state most likely to decide who becomes our next President. These interviews were conducted with Ohio voters at a recent Romney rally in Defiance, OH.
- Obama makes last pitch with Boss, Jay-Z in Ohio – Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)
- A Funny Video || Chris Rock makes a convincing argument that Obama is white (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- Chris Rock: “Barack Obama Is A White President You Can Trust” [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- Ohio. (thebrennerbrief.com)
I have never been the biggest Chris Rock fan, not that I don’t like him. But in the last couple of days, a video was released via the Jimmy Kimmel Show where Chris Rock pleads to the undecided white voters to vote for Obama.
I’m not American, so I can’t really vote for Obama, but damn it’s funny!